Subject: CVE-2024-36030: octeontx2-af: fix the double free in rvu_npc_freemem()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

octeontx2-af: fix the double free in rvu_npc_freemem()

Clang static checker(scan-build) warning：
drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/af/rvu_npc.c:line 2184, column 2
Attempt to free released memory.

npc_mcam_rsrcs_deinit() has released 'mcam->counters.bmap'. Deleted this
redundant kfree() to fix this double free problem.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36030 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit dd7842878633 and fixed in 6.8.9 with commit f5aa87a2c0a7
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit dd7842878633 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 6e965eba43e9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36030
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/af/rvu_npc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f5aa87a2c0a72132ffc793fb0a5375b2a65d520a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6e965eba43e9724f3e603d7b7cc83e53b23d155e