Subject: CVE-2024-36029: mmc: sdhci-msm: pervent access to suspended controller

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mmc: sdhci-msm: pervent access to suspended controller

Generic sdhci code registers LED device and uses host->runtime_suspended
flag to protect access to it. The sdhci-msm driver doesn't set this flag,
which causes a crash when LED is accessed while controller is runtime
suspended. Fix this by setting the flag correctly.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36029 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 67e6db113c90 and fixed in 5.15.158 with commit 1200481cd606
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 67e6db113c90 and fixed in 6.1.90 with commit a957ea5aa3d3
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 67e6db113c90 and fixed in 6.6.30 with commit 56b99a52229d
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 67e6db113c90 and fixed in 6.8.9 with commit f653b04a818c
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 67e6db113c90 and fixed in 6.9 with commit f8def10f73a5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36029
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-msm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1200481cd6069d16ce20133bcd86f5825e26a045
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a957ea5aa3d3518067a1ba32c6127322ad348d20
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/56b99a52229d7f8cd1f53d899f57aa7eb4b199af
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f653b04a818c490b045c97834d559911479aa1c5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f8def10f73a516b771051a2f70f2f0446902cb4f