Subject: CVE-2024-36026: drm/amd/pm: fixes a random hang in S4 for SMU v13.0.4/11

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/pm: fixes a random hang in S4 for SMU v13.0.4/11

While doing multiple S4 stress tests, GC/RLC/PMFW get into
an invalid state resulting into hard hangs.

Adding a GFX reset as workaround just before sending the
MP1_UNLOAD message avoids this failure.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36026 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.87 with commit bd9b94055c3d
	Fixed in 6.6.28 with commit 1e3b8874d55c
	Fixed in 6.8.7 with commit 7521329e5493
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 31729e8c21ec

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36026
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/pm/swsmu/smu13/smu_v13_0_4_ppt.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bd9b94055c3deb2398ee4490c1dfdf03f53efb8f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1e3b8874d55c0c28378beb9007494a7a9269a5f5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7521329e54931ede9e042bbf5f4f812b5bc4a01d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/31729e8c21ecfd671458e02b6511eb68c2225113