Subject: CVE-2024-36025: scsi: qla2xxx: Fix off by one in qla_edif_app_getstats()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: qla2xxx: Fix off by one in qla_edif_app_getstats()

The app_reply->elem[] array is allocated earlier in this function and it
has app_req.num_ports elements.  Thus this > comparison needs to be >= to
prevent memory corruption.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36025 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 7878f22a2e03 and fixed in 5.15.156 with commit 8c820f7c8e9b
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 7878f22a2e03 and fixed in 6.1.87 with commit 9fc74e367be4
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 7878f22a2e03 and fixed in 6.6.28 with commit 60b87b5ecbe0
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 7878f22a2e03 and fixed in 6.8.7 with commit ea8ac95c22c9
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 7878f22a2e03 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 4406e4176f47

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36025
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_edif.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8c820f7c8e9b46238d277c575392fe9930207aab
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9fc74e367be4247a5ac39bb8ec41eaa73fade510
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/60b87b5ecbe07d70897d35947b0bb3e76ccd1b3a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ea8ac95c22c93acecb710209a7fd10b851afe817
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4406e4176f47177f5e51b4cc7e6a7a2ff3dbfbbd