Subject: CVE-2024-36023: Julia Lawall reported this null pointer dereference, this should fix it.

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Julia Lawall reported this null pointer dereference, this should fix it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36023 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.86 with commit 2e2177f94c0e
	Fixed in 6.6.27 with commit 214a6c4a28c1
	Fixed in 6.8.6 with commit b972e8ac3f44
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 9bf93dcfc453

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36023
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/orangefs/super.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2e2177f94c0e0bc41323d7b6975a5f4820ed347e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/214a6c4a28c11d67044e6cf3a0ab415050d9f03a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b972e8ac3f44f693127a2806031962d100dfc4d1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9bf93dcfc453fae192fe5d7874b89699e8f800ac