Subject: CVE-2024-36014: drm/arm/malidp: fix a possible null pointer dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/arm/malidp: fix a possible null pointer dereference

In malidp_mw_connector_reset, new memory is allocated with kzalloc, but
no check is performed. In order to prevent null pointer dereferencing,
ensure that mw_state is checked before calling
__drm_atomic_helper_connector_reset.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36014 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 8cbc5caf36ef and fixed in 4.19.316 with commit b6cc5dd06336
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 8cbc5caf36ef and fixed in 5.4.278 with commit 565d9ad7e5a1
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 8cbc5caf36ef and fixed in 5.10.219 with commit a5fa5b40a278
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 8cbc5caf36ef and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit 3e54d4e95120
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 8cbc5caf36ef and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit e4b52d493833
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 8cbc5caf36ef and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 335cc45ef2b8
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 8cbc5caf36ef and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit b77620730f61
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 8cbc5caf36ef and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit 93f76ec1eddc
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 8cbc5caf36ef and fixed in 6.10 with commit a1f95aede628

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36014
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_mw.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b6cc5dd06336ed8bb3a7a1fc5aaf7d5e88bc0818
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/565d9ad7e5a18eb69ed8b66a9e9bb3f45346520c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a5fa5b40a278a3ca978fed64707bd27614adb1eb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3e54d4e95120641216dfe91a6c49f116a9f68490
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e4b52d49383306ef73fd1bd9102538beebb0fe07
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/335cc45ef2b81b68be63c698b4f867a530bdf7a5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b77620730f614059db2470e8ebab3e725280fc6d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/93f76ec1eddce60dbb5885cbc0d7df54adee4639
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a1f95aede6285dba6dd036d907196f35ae3a11ea