Subject: CVE-2024-36011: Bluetooth: HCI: Fix potential null-ptr-deref

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: HCI: Fix potential null-ptr-deref

Fix potential null-ptr-deref in hci_le_big_sync_established_evt().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36011 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit f777d8827817 and fixed in 6.6.31 with commit 1f7ebb69c1d6
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit f777d8827817 and fixed in 6.8.10 with commit 9f3be61f55d4
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit f777d8827817 and fixed in 6.9 with commit d2706004a1b8
	Issue introduced in 6.4.16 with commit 970aaee1d264
	Issue introduced in 6.5.3 with commit 993fffbcc616

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36011
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bluetooth/hci_event.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1f7ebb69c1d65732bcac2fda9d15421f76f01e81
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9f3be61f55d4eedc20eedc56c0f04a5ce2b4a55a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d2706004a1b8b526592e823d7e52551b518a7941