Subject: CVE-2024-35975: octeontx2-pf: Fix transmit scheduler resource leak

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

octeontx2-pf: Fix transmit scheduler resource leak

Inorder to support shaping and scheduling, Upon class creation
Netdev driver allocates trasmit schedulers.

The previous patch which added support for Round robin scheduling has
a bug due to which driver is not freeing transmit schedulers post
class deletion.

This patch fixes the same.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35975 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 47a9656f168a and fixed in 6.6.28 with commit 7af5582ea672
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 47a9656f168a and fixed in 6.8.7 with commit b34fe77a1b18
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 47a9656f168a and fixed in 6.9 with commit bccb798e07f8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35975
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/nic/qos.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7af5582ea67209a23e44be9a9612ba7897be1f47
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b34fe77a1b18654233e4e54b334fcaeddf487100
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bccb798e07f8bb8b91212fe8ed1e421685449076