Subject: CVE-2024-35972: bnxt_en: Fix possible memory leak in bnxt_rdma_aux_device_init()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

bnxt_en: Fix possible memory leak in bnxt_rdma_aux_device_init()

If ulp = kzalloc() fails, the allocated edev will leak because it is
not properly assigned and the cleanup path will not be able to free it.
Fix it by assigning it properly immediately after allocation.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35972 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 303432211324 and fixed in 6.6.28 with commit c60ed825530b
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 303432211324 and fixed in 6.8.7 with commit 10a9d6a7513f
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 303432211324 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 7ac10c7d728d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35972
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt_ulp.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c60ed825530b8c0cc2b524efd39b1d696ec54004
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/10a9d6a7513f93d7faffcb341af0aa42be8218fe
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7ac10c7d728d75bc9daaa8fade3c7a3273b9a9ff