Subject: CVE-2024-35965: Bluetooth: L2CAP: Fix not validating setsockopt user input

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: L2CAP: Fix not validating setsockopt user input

Check user input length before copying data.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35965 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.39 with commit 33575df7be67 and fixed in 5.10.227 with commit f13b04cf65a8
	Issue introduced in 2.6.39 with commit 33575df7be67 and fixed in 6.1.87 with commit 9d42f3733912
	Issue introduced in 2.6.39 with commit 33575df7be67 and fixed in 6.6.55 with commit 28234f8ab69c
	Issue introduced in 2.6.39 with commit 33575df7be67 and fixed in 6.8.7 with commit 8ee0c132a61d
	Issue introduced in 2.6.39 with commit 33575df7be67 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 4f3951242ace

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35965
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bluetooth/l2cap_sock.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f13b04cf65a86507ff15a9bbf37969d25be3e2a0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d42f373391211c7c8af66a3a316533a32b8a607
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/28234f8ab69c522ba447f3e041bbfbb284c5959a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8ee0c132a61df9723813c40e742dc5321824daa9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4f3951242ace5efc7131932e2e01e6ac6baed846