Subject: CVE-2024-35964: Bluetooth: ISO: Fix not validating setsockopt user input

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: ISO: Fix not validating setsockopt user input

Check user input length before copying data.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35964 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit ccf74f2390d6 and fixed in 6.6.55 with commit 6a6baa1ee7a9
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit ccf74f2390d6 and fixed in 6.8.7 with commit 0c4a89f46904
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit ccf74f2390d6 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 9e8742cdfc4b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35964
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bluetooth/iso.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6a6baa1ee7a9df33adbf932305053520b9741b35
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0c4a89f4690478969729c7ba5f69d53d8516aa12
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9e8742cdfc4b0e65266bb4a901a19462bda9285e