Subject: CVE-2024-35953: accel/ivpu: Fix deadlock in context_xa

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

accel/ivpu: Fix deadlock in context_xa

ivpu_device->context_xa is locked both in kernel thread and IRQ context.
It requires XA_FLAGS_LOCK_IRQ flag to be passed during initialization
otherwise the lock could be acquired from a thread and interrupted by
an IRQ that locks it for the second time causing the deadlock.

This deadlock was reported by lockdep and observed in internal tests.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35953 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 35b137630f08 and fixed in 6.6.28 with commit d43e11d9c7fc
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 35b137630f08 and fixed in 6.8.7 with commit e60114111472
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 35b137630f08 and fixed in 6.9 with commit fd7726e75968

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35953
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/accel/ivpu/ivpu_drv.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d43e11d9c7fcb16f18bd46ab2556c2772ffc5775
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e6011411147209bc0cc14628cbc155356837e52a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fd7726e75968b27fe98534ccbf47ccd6fef686f3