Subject: CVE-2024-35951: drm/panfrost: Fix the error path in panfrost_mmu_map_fault_addr()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/panfrost: Fix the error path in panfrost_mmu_map_fault_addr()

Subject: [PATCH] drm/panfrost: Fix the error path in
 panfrost_mmu_map_fault_addr()

If some the pages or sgt allocation failed, we shouldn't release the
pages ref we got earlier, otherwise we will end up with unbalanced
get/put_pages() calls. We should instead leave everything in place
and let the BO release function deal with extra cleanup when the object
is destroyed, or let the fault handler try again next time it's called.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35951 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 187d2929206e and fixed in 6.6.28 with commit 31806711e8a4
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 187d2929206e and fixed in 6.8.7 with commit e18070c622c6
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 187d2929206e and fixed in 6.9 with commit 1fc9af813b25

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35951
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_mmu.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/31806711e8a4b75e09b1c43652f2a6420e6e1002
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e18070c622c63f0cab170348e320454728c277aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1fc9af813b25e146d3607669247d0f970f5a87c3