Subject: CVE-2024-35946: wifi: rtw89: fix null pointer access when abort scan

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: rtw89: fix null pointer access when abort scan

During cancel scan we might use vif that weren't scanning.
Fix this by using the actual scanning vif.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35946 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.27 with commit b34d64e9aa55
	Fixed in 6.8.6 with commit 4f11c741908d
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 7e11a2966f51

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35946
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw89/mac80211.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b34d64e9aa5505e3c84570aed5c757f1839573e8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4f11c741908dab7dd48fa5a986b210d4fc74ca8d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7e11a2966f51695c0af0b1f976a32d64dee243b2