Subject: CVE-2024-35943: pmdomain: ti: Add a null pointer check to the omap_prm_domain_init

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

pmdomain: ti: Add a null pointer check to the omap_prm_domain_init

devm_kasprintf() returns a pointer to dynamically allocated memory
which can be NULL upon failure. Ensure the allocation was successful
by checking the pointer validity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35943 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.111 with commit bc08f5ab11b1
	Fixed in 6.6.27 with commit ce666cecc09c
	Fixed in 6.8.6 with commit 04f23510daa4
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 5d7f58ee0843

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35943
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/pmdomain/ti/omap_prm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bc08f5ab11b1881b85371f0bd9c9a3d27f65cca8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ce666cecc09c0f92d5f86d89d8068ecfcf723a7e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/04f23510daa40f9010fadf309507564a34ad956f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5d7f58ee08434a33340f75ac7ac5071eea9673b3