Subject: CVE-2024-35942: pmdomain: imx8mp-blk-ctrl: imx8mp_blk: Add fdcc clock to hdmimix domain

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

pmdomain: imx8mp-blk-ctrl: imx8mp_blk: Add fdcc clock to hdmimix domain

According to i.MX8MP RM and HDMI ADD, the fdcc clock is part of
hdmi rx verification IP that should not enable for HDMI TX.
But actually if the clock is disabled before HDMI/LCDIF probe,
LCDIF will not get pixel clock from HDMI PHY and print the error
logs:

[CRTC:39:crtc-2] vblank wait timed out
WARNING: CPU: 2 PID: 9 at drivers/gpu/drm/drm_atomic_helper.c:1634 drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_vblanks.part.0+0x23c/0x260

Add fdcc clock to LCDIF and HDMI TX power domains to fix the issue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35942 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.27 with commit 9d3f959b4266
	Fixed in 6.8.6 with commit b13c0d871cd8
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 697624ee8ad5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35942
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/pmdomain/imx/imx8mp-blk-ctrl.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d3f959b426635c4da50dfc7b1306afd84d23e7c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b13c0d871cd878ff53d25507ca535f59ed1f6a2a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/697624ee8ad557ab5417f985d2c804241a7ad30d