Subject: CVE-2024-35937: wifi: cfg80211: check A-MSDU format more carefully

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: cfg80211: check A-MSDU format more carefully

If it looks like there's another subframe in the A-MSDU
but the header isn't fully there, we can end up reading
data out of bounds, only to discard later. Make this a
bit more careful and check if the subframe header can
even be present.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35937 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.107 with commit 9eb3bc0973d0
	Fixed in 6.6.27 with commit 5d7a8585fbb3
	Fixed in 6.8.6 with commit 16da1e1dac23
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 9ad797485692

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35937
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/wireless/util.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9eb3bc0973d084423a6df21cf2c74692ff05647e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5d7a8585fbb31e88fb2a0f581b70667d3300d1e9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/16da1e1dac23be45ef6e23c41b1508c400e6c544
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9ad7974856926129f190ffbe3beea78460b3b7cc