Subject: CVE-2024-35933: Bluetooth: btintel: Fix null ptr deref in btintel_read_version

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: btintel: Fix null ptr deref in btintel_read_version

If hci_cmd_sync_complete() is triggered and skb is NULL, then
hdev->req_skb is NULL, which will cause this issue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35933 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.312 with commit ec2049fb2b8b
	Fixed in 5.4.274 with commit 68a69bb2ecaf
	Fixed in 5.10.215 with commit 86e9b47e8a75
	Fixed in 5.15.155 with commit 006936ecb4ed
	Fixed in 6.1.86 with commit b19fe5eea619
	Fixed in 6.6.27 with commit ffdca0a62aba
	Fixed in 6.8.6 with commit 22d3053ef05f
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit b79e04091010

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35933
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/bluetooth/btintel.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ec2049fb2b8be3e108fe2ef1f1040f91e72c9990
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/68a69bb2ecafaacdb998a87783068fb51736f43b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/86e9b47e8a75c74b1bd83a479979b425c5dc8bd9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/006936ecb4edfc3102464044f75858c714e34d28
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b19fe5eea619d54eea59bb8a37c0f8d00ef0e912
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ffdca0a62abaf8c41d8d9ea132000fd808de329b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/22d3053ef05f0b5045e45bd91e7473846261d65e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b79e040910101b020931ba0c9a6b77e81ab7f645