Subject: CVE-2024-35926: crypto: iaa - Fix async_disable descriptor leak

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

crypto: iaa - Fix async_disable descriptor leak

The disable_async paths of iaa_compress/decompress() don't free idxd
descriptors in the async_disable case. Currently this only happens in
the testcases where req->dst is set to null. Add a test to free them
in those paths.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35926 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.8.6 with commit d994f7d77aad
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 262534ddc88d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35926
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/crypto/intel/iaa/iaa_crypto_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d994f7d77aaded05dc05af58a2720fd4f4b72a83
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/262534ddc88dfea7474ed18adfecf856e4fbe054