Subject: CVE-2024-35913: wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: pick the version of SESSION_PROTECTION_NOTIF

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: pick the version of SESSION_PROTECTION_NOTIF

When we want to know whether we should look for the mac_id or the
link_id in struct iwl_mvm_session_prot_notif, we should look at the
version of SESSION_PROTECTION_NOTIF.

This causes WARNINGs:

WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 11403 at drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/time-event.c:959 iwl_mvm_rx_session_protect_notif+0x333/0x340 [iwlmvm]
RIP: 0010:iwl_mvm_rx_session_protect_notif+0x333/0x340 [iwlmvm]
Code: 00 49 c7 84 24 48 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 41 c6 84 24 78 07 00 00 ff 4c 89 f7 e8 e9 71 54 d9 e9 7d fd ff ff 0f 0b e9 23 fe ff ff <0f> 0b e9 1c fe ff ff 66 0f 1f 44 00 00 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90
RSP: 0018:ffffb4bb00003d40 EFLAGS: 00010202
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: ffff9ae63a361000 RCX: ffff9ae4a98b60d4
RDX: ffff9ae4588499c0 RSI: 0000000000000305 RDI: ffff9ae4a98b6358
RBP: ffffb4bb00003d68 R08: 0000000000000003 R09: 0000000000000010
R10: ffffb4bb00003d00 R11: 000000000000000f R12: ffff9ae441399050
R13: ffff9ae4761329e8 R14: 0000000000000001 R15: 0000000000000000
FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff9ae7af400000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 000055fb75680018 CR3: 00000003dae32006 CR4: 0000000000f70ef0
PKRU: 55555554
Call Trace:
 <IRQ>
 ? show_regs+0x69/0x80
 ? __warn+0x8d/0x150
 ? iwl_mvm_rx_session_protect_notif+0x333/0x340 [iwlmvm]
 ? report_bug+0x196/0x1c0
 ? handle_bug+0x45/0x80
 ? exc_invalid_op+0x1c/0xb0
 ? asm_exc_invalid_op+0x1f/0x30
 ? iwl_mvm_rx_session_protect_notif+0x333/0x340 [iwlmvm]
 iwl_mvm_rx_common+0x115/0x340 [iwlmvm]
 iwl_mvm_rx_mq+0xa6/0x100 [iwlmvm]
 iwl_pcie_rx_handle+0x263/0xa10 [iwlwifi]
 iwl_pcie_napi_poll_msix+0x32/0xd0 [iwlwifi]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35913 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 085d33c53012 and fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 222abd95f503
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 085d33c53012 and fixed in 6.9 with commit bbe806c294c9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35913
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/time-event.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/222abd95f503e28c0404e596291fe472fe90929c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bbe806c294c9c4cd1221140d96e5f367673e393a