Subject: CVE-2024-35903: x86/bpf: Fix IP after emitting call depth accounting

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

x86/bpf: Fix IP after emitting call depth accounting

Adjust the IP passed to `emit_patch` so it calculates the correct offset
for the CALL instruction if `x86_call_depth_emit_accounting` emits code.
Otherwise we will skip some instructions and most likely crash.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35903 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit b2e9dfe54be4 and fixed in 6.6.26 with commit 3f9d57c77165
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit b2e9dfe54be4 and fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 81166178cf0a
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit b2e9dfe54be4 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 9d98aa088386

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35903
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/x86/net/bpf_jit_comp.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3f9d57c771656bfd651e22edcfdb5f60e62542d4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/81166178cf0a0062a22b1b3b5368183d39577028
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d98aa088386aee3db1b7b60b800c0fde0654a4a