Subject: CVE-2024-35901: net: mana: Fix Rx DMA datasize and skb_over_panic

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: mana: Fix Rx DMA datasize and skb_over_panic

mana_get_rxbuf_cfg() aligns the RX buffer's DMA datasize to be
multiple of 64. So a packet slightly bigger than mtu+14, say 1536,
can be received and cause skb_over_panic.

Sample dmesg:
[ 5325.237162] skbuff: skb_over_panic: text:ffffffffc043277a len:1536 put:1536 head:ff1100018b517000 data:ff1100018b517100 tail:0x700 end:0x6ea dev:<NULL>
[ 5325.243689] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[ 5325.245748] kernel BUG at net/core/skbuff.c:192!
[ 5325.247838] invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP NOPTI
[ 5325.258374] RIP: 0010:skb_panic+0x4f/0x60
[ 5325.302941] Call Trace:
[ 5325.304389]  <IRQ>
[ 5325.315794]  ? skb_panic+0x4f/0x60
[ 5325.317457]  ? asm_exc_invalid_op+0x1f/0x30
[ 5325.319490]  ? skb_panic+0x4f/0x60
[ 5325.321161]  skb_put+0x4e/0x50
[ 5325.322670]  mana_poll+0x6fa/0xb50 [mana]
[ 5325.324578]  __napi_poll+0x33/0x1e0
[ 5325.326328]  net_rx_action+0x12e/0x280

As discussed internally, this alignment is not necessary. To fix
this bug, remove it from the code. So oversized packets will be
marked as CQE_RX_TRUNCATED by NIC, and dropped.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35901 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 2fbbd712baf1 and fixed in 6.6.26 with commit ca58927b0038
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 2fbbd712baf1 and fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 05cb7c41fa1a
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 2fbbd712baf1 and fixed in 6.9 with commit c0de6ab920aa

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35901
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c
	include/net/mana/mana.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ca58927b00385005f488b6a9905ced7a4f719aad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/05cb7c41fa1a7a7b2c2a6b81bbe7c67f5c11932b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c0de6ab920aafb56feab56058e46b688e694a246