Subject: CVE-2024-35894: mptcp: prevent BPF accessing lowat from a subflow socket.

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mptcp: prevent BPF accessing lowat from a subflow socket.

Alexei reported the following splat:

 WARNING: CPU: 32 PID: 3276 at net/mptcp/subflow.c:1430 subflow_data_ready+0x147/0x1c0
 Modules linked in: dummy bpf_testmod(O) [last unloaded: bpf_test_no_cfi(O)]
 CPU: 32 PID: 3276 Comm: test_progs Tainted: GO       6.8.0-12873-g2c43c33bfd23
 Call Trace:
  <TASK>
  mptcp_set_rcvlowat+0x79/0x1d0
  sk_setsockopt+0x6c0/0x1540
  __bpf_setsockopt+0x6f/0x90
  bpf_sock_ops_setsockopt+0x3c/0x90
  bpf_prog_509ce5db2c7f9981_bpf_test_sockopt_int+0xb4/0x11b
  bpf_prog_dce07e362d941d2b_bpf_test_socket_sockopt+0x12b/0x132
  bpf_prog_348c9b5faaf10092_skops_sockopt+0x954/0xe86
  __cgroup_bpf_run_filter_sock_ops+0xbc/0x250
  tcp_connect+0x879/0x1160
  tcp_v6_connect+0x50c/0x870
  mptcp_connect+0x129/0x280
  __inet_stream_connect+0xce/0x370
  inet_stream_connect+0x36/0x50
  bpf_trampoline_6442491565+0x49/0xef
  inet_stream_connect+0x5/0x50
  __sys_connect+0x63/0x90
  __x64_sys_connect+0x14/0x20

The root cause of the issue is that bpf allows accessing mptcp-level
proto_ops from a tcp subflow scope.

Fix the issue detecting the problematic call and preventing any action.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35894 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 5684ab1a0eff and fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 3ffb1ab69837
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 5684ab1a0eff and fixed in 6.9 with commit fcf4692fa39e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35894
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/mptcp/sockopt.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ee3c845787b621cfe82c2e52c513024a9d7a78f5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3ffb1ab698376f09cc33101c07c1be229389fe29
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fcf4692fa39e86a590c14a4af2de704e1d20a3b5