Subject: CVE-2024-35868: smb: client: fix potential UAF in cifs_stats_proc_write()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

smb: client: fix potential UAF in cifs_stats_proc_write()

Skip sessions that are being teared down (status == SES_EXITING) to
avoid UAF.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35868 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.85 with commit 8fefd166fcb3
	Fixed in 6.6.26 with commit cf03020c56d3
	Fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 5b5475ce69f0
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit d3da25c5ac84

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35868
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/client/cifs_debug.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8fefd166fcb368c5fcf48238e3f7c8af829e0a72
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cf03020c56d3ed28c4942280957a007b5e9544f7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5b5475ce69f02ecc1b13ea23106e5b89c690429b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d3da25c5ac84430f89875ca7485a3828150a7e0a