Subject: CVE-2024-35867: smb: client: fix potential UAF in cifs_stats_proc_show()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

smb: client: fix potential UAF in cifs_stats_proc_show()

Skip sessions that are being teared down (status == SES_EXITING) to
avoid UAF.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35867 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.85 with commit 16b7d785775e
	Fixed in 6.6.26 with commit c3cf8b74c579
	Fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 1e12f0d5c66f
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 0865ffefea19

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35867
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/client/cifs_debug.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/16b7d785775eb03929766819415055e367398f49
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c3cf8b74c57924c0985e49a1fdf02d3395111f39
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1e12f0d5c66f07c934041621351973a116fa13c7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0865ffefea197b437ba78b5dd8d8e256253efd65