Subject: CVE-2024-35866: smb: client: fix potential UAF in cifs_dump_full_key()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

smb: client: fix potential UAF in cifs_dump_full_key()

Skip sessions that are being teared down (status == SES_EXITING) to
avoid UAF.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35866 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.26 with commit 10e17ca4000e
	Fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 3103163ccd3b
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 58acd1f49716

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35866
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/client/ioctl.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/10e17ca4000ec34737bde002a13435c38ace2682
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3103163ccd3be4adcfa37e15608fb497be044113
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/58acd1f497162e7d282077f816faa519487be045