Subject: CVE-2024-35865: smb: client: fix potential UAF in smb2_is_valid_oplock_break()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

smb: client: fix potential UAF in smb2_is_valid_oplock_break()

Skip sessions that are being teared down (status == SES_EXITING) to
avoid UAF.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35865 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.85 with commit 84488466b7a6
	Fixed in 6.6.26 with commit 21fed37d2bdc
	Fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 3dba0e5276f1
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 22863485a462

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35865
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/client/smb2misc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/84488466b7a69570bdbf76dd9576847ab97d54e7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/21fed37d2bdcde33453faf61d3d4d96c355f04bd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3dba0e5276f131e36d6d8043191d856f49238628
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/22863485a4626ec6ecf297f4cc0aef709bc862e4