Subject: CVE-2024-35864: smb: client: fix potential UAF in smb2_is_valid_lease_break()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

smb: client: fix potential UAF in smb2_is_valid_lease_break()

Skip sessions that are being teared down (status == SES_EXITING) to
avoid UAF.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35864 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.85 with commit c868cabdf6fd
	Fixed in 6.6.26 with commit f92739fdd452
	Fixed in 6.8.5 with commit a8344e2b69bd
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 705c76fbf726

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35864
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/client/smb2misc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c868cabdf6fdd61bea54532271f4708254e57fc5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f92739fdd4522c4291277136399353d7c341fae4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a8344e2b69bde63f713b0aa796d70dbeadffddfb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/705c76fbf726c7a2f6ff9143d4013b18daaaebf1