Subject: CVE-2024-35863: smb: client: fix potential UAF in is_valid_oplock_break()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

smb: client: fix potential UAF in is_valid_oplock_break()

Skip sessions that are being teared down (status == SES_EXITING) to
avoid UAF.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35863 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.85 with commit 494c91e1e941
	Fixed in 6.6.26 with commit 0a15ba88a32f
	Fixed in 6.8.5 with commit 16d58c6a7db5
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 69ccf040acdd

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35863
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/client/misc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/494c91e1e9413b407d12166a61b84200d4d54fac
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0a15ba88a32fa7a516aff7ffd27befed5334dff2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/16d58c6a7db5050b9638669084b63fc05f951825
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/69ccf040acddf33a3a85ec0f6b45ef84b0f7ec29