Subject: CVE-2024-35862: smb: client: fix potential UAF in smb2_is_network_name_deleted()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

smb: client: fix potential UAF in smb2_is_network_name_deleted()

Skip sessions that are being teared down (status == SES_EXITING) to
avoid UAF.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35862 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.85 with commit f9414004798d
	Fixed in 6.6.26 with commit aa582b33f944
	Fixed in 6.8.5 with commit d919b6ea15ff
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 63981561ffd2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35862
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/client/smb2ops.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f9414004798d9742c1af23a1d839fe6a9503751c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aa582b33f94453fdeaff1e7d0aa252c505975e01
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d919b6ea15ffa56fbafef4a1d92f47aeda9af645
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/63981561ffd2d4987807df4126f96a11e18b0c1d