Subject: CVE-2024-35861: smb: client: fix potential UAF in cifs_signal_cifsd_for_reconnect()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

smb: client: fix potential UAF in cifs_signal_cifsd_for_reconnect()

Skip sessions that are being teared down (status == SES_EXITING) to
avoid UAF.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35861 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.85 with commit 7e8360ac8774
	Fixed in 6.6.26 with commit 2cfff2173213
	Fixed in 6.8.5 with commit f9a96a7ad1e8
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit e0e50401cc39

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35861
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/smb/client/connect.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7e8360ac8774e19b0b25f44fff84a105bb2417e4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2cfff21732132e363b4cc275d63ea98f1af726c1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f9a96a7ad1e8d25dc6662bc7552e0752de74a20d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e0e50401cc3921c9eaf1b0e667db174519ea939f