Subject: CVE-2024-35845: wifi: iwlwifi: dbg-tlv: ensure NUL termination

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: iwlwifi: dbg-tlv: ensure NUL termination

The iwl_fw_ini_debug_info_tlv is used as a string, so we must
ensure the string is terminated correctly before using it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35845 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit a9248de42464 and fixed in 5.10.214 with commit fabe2db7de32
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit a9248de42464 and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit 96aa40761673
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit a9248de42464 and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit c855a1a5b7e3
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit a9248de42464 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 783d413f332a
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit a9248de42464 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit fec14d1cdd92
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit a9248de42464 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 71d4186d470e
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit a9248de42464 and fixed in 6.9 with commit ea1d166fae14

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35845
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/iwl-dbg-tlv.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fabe2db7de32a881e437ee69db32e0de785a6209
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/96aa40761673da045a7774f874487cdb50c6a2f7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c855a1a5b7e3de57e6b1b29563113d5e3bfdb89a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/783d413f332a3ebec916664b366c28f58147f82c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fec14d1cdd92f340b9ba2bd220abf96f9609f2a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/71d4186d470e9cda7cd1a0921b4afda737c6f641
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ea1d166fae14e05d49ffb0ea9fcd4658f8d3dcea