Subject: CVE-2024-35838: wifi: mac80211: fix potential sta-link leak

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: mac80211: fix potential sta-link leak

When a station is allocated, links are added but not
set to valid yet (e.g. during connection to an AP MLD),
we might remove the station without ever marking links
valid, and leak them. Fix that.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35838 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit cb71f1d136a6 and fixed in 6.1.76 with commit 49aaeb8c539b
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit cb71f1d136a6 and fixed in 6.6.15 with commit 587c58929761
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit cb71f1d136a6 and fixed in 6.7.3 with commit e04bf59bdba0
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit cb71f1d136a6 and fixed in 6.8 with commit b01a74b3ca6f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35838
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/mac80211/sta_info.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/49aaeb8c539b1633b3bd7c2df131ec578aa1eae1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/587c5892976108674bbe61a8ff659de279318034
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e04bf59bdba0fa45d52160be676114e16be855a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b01a74b3ca6fd51b62c67733ba7c3280fa6c5d26