Subject: CVE-2024-35837: net: mvpp2: clear BM pool before initialization

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: mvpp2: clear BM pool before initialization

Register value persist after booting the kernel using
kexec which results in kernel panic. Thus clear the
BM pool registers before initialisation to fix the issue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35837 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.17 with commit 3f518509dedc and fixed in 5.10.210 with commit 83f99138bf3b
	Issue introduced in 3.17 with commit 3f518509dedc and fixed in 5.15.149 with commit af47faa6d332
	Issue introduced in 3.17 with commit 3f518509dedc and fixed in 6.1.76 with commit cec65f09c47d
	Issue introduced in 3.17 with commit 3f518509dedc and fixed in 6.6.15 with commit 938729484cfa
	Issue introduced in 3.17 with commit 3f518509dedc and fixed in 6.7.3 with commit dc77f6ab5c37
	Issue introduced in 3.17 with commit 3f518509dedc and fixed in 6.8 with commit 9f538b415db8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35837
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvpp2/mvpp2_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/83f99138bf3b396f761600ab488054396fb5768f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/af47faa6d3328406038b731794e7cf508c71affa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cec65f09c47d8c2d67f2bcad6cf05c490628d1ec
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/938729484cfa535e9987ed0f86f29a2ae3a8188b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dc77f6ab5c3759df60ff87ed24f4d45df0f3b4c4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9f538b415db862e74b8c5d3abbccfc1b2b6caa38