Subject: CVE-2024-35834: xsk: recycle buffer in case Rx queue was full

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

xsk: recycle buffer in case Rx queue was full

Add missing xsk_buff_free() call when __xsk_rcv_zc() failed to produce
descriptor to XSK Rx queue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35834 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 24ea50127ecf and fixed in 6.6.15 with commit cce713664548
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 24ea50127ecf and fixed in 6.7.3 with commit 7b4d93d31aad
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 24ea50127ecf and fixed in 6.8 with commit 269009893146

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35834
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/xdp/xsk.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cce713664548284daf977739e7ff1cd59e84189c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7b4d93d31aade99210d41cd9d4cbd2957c98bc8c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/269009893146c495f41e9572dd9319e787c2eba9