Subject: CVE-2024-35830: media: tc358743: register v4l2 async device only after successful setup

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: tc358743: register v4l2 async device only after successful setup

Ensure the device has been setup correctly before registering the v4l2
async device, thus allowing userspace to access.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35830 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 4c5211a10039 and fixed in 4.19.311 with commit 17c2650de148
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 4c5211a10039 and fixed in 5.4.273 with commit daf21394f989
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 4c5211a10039 and fixed in 5.10.214 with commit 610f20e5cf35
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 4c5211a10039 and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit b8505a1aee8f
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 4c5211a10039 and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit 8ba8db9786b5
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 4c5211a10039 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit edbb3226c985
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 4c5211a10039 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit c915c46a25c3
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 4c5211a10039 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 4f1490a5d7a0
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 4c5211a10039 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 87399f1ff922

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35830
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/i2c/tc358743.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/17c2650de14842c25c569cbb2126c421489a3a24
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/daf21394f9898fb9f0698c3e50de08132d2164e6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/610f20e5cf35ca9c0992693cae0dd8643ce932e7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b8505a1aee8f1edc9d16d72ae09c93de086e2a1a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8ba8db9786b55047df5ad3db3e01dd886687a77d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/edbb3226c985469a2f8eb69885055c9f5550f468
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c915c46a25c3efb084c4f5e69a053d7f7a635496
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4f1490a5d7a0472ee5d9f36547bc4ba46be755c7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/87399f1ff92203d65f1febf5919429f4bb613a02