Subject: CVE-2024-35818: LoongArch: Define the __io_aw() hook as mmiowb()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

LoongArch: Define the __io_aw() hook as mmiowb()

Commit fb24ea52f78e0d595852e ("drivers: Remove explicit invocations of
mmiowb()") remove all mmiowb() in drivers, but it says:

"NOTE: mmiowb() has only ever guaranteed ordering in conjunction with
spin_unlock(). However, pairing each mmiowb() removal in this patch with
the corresponding call to spin_unlock() is not at all trivial, so there
is a small chance that this change may regress any drivers incorrectly
relying on mmiowb() to order MMIO writes between CPUs using lock-free
synchronisation."

The mmio in radeon_ring_commit() is protected by a mutex rather than a
spinlock, but in the mutex fastpath it behaves similar to spinlock. We
can add mmiowb() calls in the radeon driver but the maintainer says he
doesn't like such a workaround, and radeon is not the only example of
mutex protected mmio.

So we should extend the mmiowb tracking system from spinlock to mutex,
and maybe other locking primitives. This is not easy and error prone, so
we solve it in the architectural code, by simply defining the __io_aw()
hook as mmiowb(). And we no longer need to override queued_spin_unlock()
so use the generic definition.

Without this, we get such an error when run 'glxgears' on weak ordering
architectures such as LoongArch:

radeon 0000:04:00.0: ring 0 stalled for more than 10324msec
radeon 0000:04:00.0: ring 3 stalled for more than 10240msec
radeon 0000:04:00.0: GPU lockup (current fence id 0x000000000001f412 last fence id 0x000000000001f414 on ring 3)
radeon 0000:04:00.0: GPU lockup (current fence id 0x000000000000f940 last fence id 0x000000000000f941 on ring 0)
radeon 0000:04:00.0: scheduling IB failed (-35).
[drm:radeon_gem_va_ioctl [radeon]] *ERROR* Couldn't update BO_VA (-35)
radeon 0000:04:00.0: scheduling IB failed (-35).
[drm:radeon_gem_va_ioctl [radeon]] *ERROR* Couldn't update BO_VA (-35)
radeon 0000:04:00.0: scheduling IB failed (-35).
[drm:radeon_gem_va_ioctl [radeon]] *ERROR* Couldn't update BO_VA (-35)
radeon 0000:04:00.0: scheduling IB failed (-35).
[drm:radeon_gem_va_ioctl [radeon]] *ERROR* Couldn't update BO_VA (-35)
radeon 0000:04:00.0: scheduling IB failed (-35).
[drm:radeon_gem_va_ioctl [radeon]] *ERROR* Couldn't update BO_VA (-35)
radeon 0000:04:00.0: scheduling IB failed (-35).
[drm:radeon_gem_va_ioctl [radeon]] *ERROR* Couldn't update BO_VA (-35)
radeon 0000:04:00.0: scheduling IB failed (-35).
[drm:radeon_gem_va_ioctl [radeon]] *ERROR* Couldn't update BO_VA (-35)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35818 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.84 with commit 97cd43ba824a
	Fixed in 6.6.24 with commit d7d7c6cdea87
	Fixed in 6.7.12 with commit 0b61a7dc6712
	Fixed in 6.8.3 with commit 9adec248bba3
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 9c68ece8b2a5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35818
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/loongarch/include/asm/Kbuild
	arch/loongarch/include/asm/io.h
	arch/loongarch/include/asm/qspinlock.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/97cd43ba824aec764f5ea2790d0c0a318f885167
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d7d7c6cdea875be3b241d7d39873bb431db7154d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0b61a7dc6712b78799b3949997e8a5e94db5c4b0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9adec248bba33b1503252caf8e59d81febfc5ceb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9c68ece8b2a5c5ff9b2fcaea923dd73efeb174cd