Subject: CVE-2024-35810: drm/vmwgfx: Fix the lifetime of the bo cursor memory

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/vmwgfx: Fix the lifetime of the bo cursor memory

The cleanup can be dispatched while the atomic update is still active,
which means that the memory acquired in the atomic update needs to
not be invalidated by the cleanup. The buffer objects in vmw_plane_state
instead of using the builtin map_and_cache were trying to handle
the lifetime of the mapped memory themselves, leading to crashes.

Use the map_and_cache instead of trying to manage the lifetime of the
buffer objects held by the vmw_plane_state.

Fixes kernel oops'es in IGT's kms_cursor_legacy forked-bo.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35810 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit bb6780aa5a1d and fixed in 6.6.24 with commit 86cb706a40b7
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit bb6780aa5a1d and fixed in 6.7.12 with commit 104a5b2772bc
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit bb6780aa5a1d and fixed in 6.8.3 with commit ed381800ea6d
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit bb6780aa5a1d and fixed in 6.9 with commit 9a9e8a7159ca

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35810
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/vmwgfx/vmwgfx_kms.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/86cb706a40b7e6b2221ee49a298a65ad9b46c02d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/104a5b2772bc7c0715ae7355ccf9d294a472765c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ed381800ea6d9a4c7f199235a471c0c48100f0ae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9a9e8a7159ca09af9b1a300a6c8e8b6ff7501c76