Subject: CVE-2024-35787: md/md-bitmap: fix incorrect usage for sb_index

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

md/md-bitmap: fix incorrect usage for sb_index

Commit d7038f951828 ("md-bitmap: don't use ->index for pages backing the
bitmap file") removed page->index from bitmap code, but left wrong code
logic for clustered-md. current code never set slot offset for cluster
nodes, will sometimes cause crash in clustered env.

Call trace (partly):
 md_bitmap_file_set_bit+0x110/0x1d8 [md_mod]
 md_bitmap_startwrite+0x13c/0x240 [md_mod]
 raid1_make_request+0x6b0/0x1c08 [raid1]
 md_handle_request+0x1dc/0x368 [md_mod]
 md_submit_bio+0x80/0xf8 [md_mod]
 __submit_bio+0x178/0x300
 submit_bio_noacct_nocheck+0x11c/0x338
 submit_bio_noacct+0x134/0x614
 submit_bio+0x28/0xdc
 submit_bh_wbc+0x130/0x1cc
 submit_bh+0x1c/0x28

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35787 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit d7038f951828 and fixed in 6.6.24 with commit 736ad6c577a3
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit d7038f951828 and fixed in 6.7.12 with commit 55e55eb65fd5
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit d7038f951828 and fixed in 6.8.3 with commit 5a95815b1742
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit d7038f951828 and fixed in 6.9 with commit ecbd8ebb51bf

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35787
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/md/md-bitmap.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/736ad6c577a367834118f57417038d45bb5e0a31
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/55e55eb65fd5e09faf5a0e49ffcdd37905aaf4da
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5a95815b17428ce2f56ec18da5e0d1b2a1a15240
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ecbd8ebb51bf7e4939d83b9e6022a55cac44ef06