Subject: CVE-2024-34027: f2fs: compress: fix to cover {reserve,release}_compress_blocks() w/ cp_rwsem lock

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: compress: fix to cover {reserve,release}_compress_blocks() w/ cp_rwsem lock

It needs to cover {reserve,release}_compress_blocks() w/ cp_rwsem lock
to avoid racing with checkpoint, otherwise, filesystem metadata including
blkaddr in dnode, inode fields and .total_valid_block_count may be
corrupted after SPO case.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-34027 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit c75488fb4d82 and fixed in 5.10.219 with commit a6e1f7744e9b
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit c75488fb4d82 and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit b5bac43875aa
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit c75488fb4d82 and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit 5d47d6388373
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit c75488fb4d82 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit 329edb7c9e3b
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit c75488fb4d82 and fixed in 6.9.4 with commit 69136304fd14
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit c75488fb4d82 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 0a4ed2d97cb6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-34027
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/file.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a6e1f7744e9b84f86a629a76024bba8468aa153b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b5bac43875aa27ec032dbbb86173baae6dce6182
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5d47d63883735718825ca2efc4fca6915469774f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/329edb7c9e3b6ca27e6ca67ab1cdda1740fb3a2b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/69136304fd144144a4828c7b7b149d0f80321ba4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0a4ed2d97cb6d044196cc3e726b6699222b41019