Subject: CVE-2024-32936: media: ti: j721e-csi2rx: Fix races while restarting DMA

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: ti: j721e-csi2rx: Fix races while restarting DMA

After the frame is submitted to DMA, it may happen that the submitted
list is not updated soon enough, and the DMA callback is triggered
before that.

This can lead to kernel crashes, so move everything in a single
lock/unlock section to prevent such races.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-32936 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit b4a3d877dc92 and fixed in 6.9.4 with commit 80a8b92950f8
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit b4a3d877dc92 and fixed in 6.10 with commit ad79c9ecea5b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-32936
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/platform/ti/j721e-csi2rx/j721e-csi2rx.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/80a8b92950f8ee96582dba6187e3c2deca3569ea
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad79c9ecea5baa7b4f19677e4b1c881ed89b0c3b