Subject: CVE-2024-27434: wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: don't set the MFP flag for the GTK

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: don't set the MFP flag for the GTK

The firmware doesn't need the MFP flag for the GTK, it can even make the
firmware crash. in case the AP is configured with: group cipher TKIP and
MFPC. We would send the GTK with cipher = TKIP and MFP which is of course
not possible.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27434 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 5c75a208c244 and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit b4f1b0b3b917
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 5c75a208c244 and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 40405cbb20eb
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 5c75a208c244 and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 60f6d5fc84a9
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 5c75a208c244 and fixed in 6.9 with commit e35f316bce9e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27434
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/mld-key.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b4f1b0b3b91762edd19bf9d3b2e4c3a0740501f8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/40405cbb20eb6541c603e7b3d54ade0a7be9d715
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/60f6d5fc84a9fd26528a24d8a267fc6a6698b628
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e35f316bce9e5733c9826120c1838f4c447b2c4c