Subject: CVE-2024-27432: net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: fix PPE hanging issue

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: fix PPE hanging issue

A patch to resolve an issue was found in MediaTek's GPL-licensed SDK:
In the mtk_ppe_stop() function, the PPE scan mode is not disabled before
disabling the PPE. This can potentially lead to a hang during the process
of disabling the PPE.

Without this patch, the PPE may experience a hang during the reboot test.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27432 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit ba37b7caf1ed and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit 9fcadd125044
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit ba37b7caf1ed and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit f78807362828
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit ba37b7caf1ed and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 943c14ece95e
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit ba37b7caf1ed and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 49202a8256fc
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit ba37b7caf1ed and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 09a190743386
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit ba37b7caf1ed and fixed in 6.9 with commit ea80e3ed09ab

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27432
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_ppe.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9fcadd125044007351905d40c405fadc2d3bb6d6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f78807362828ad01db2a9ed005bf79501b620f27
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/943c14ece95eb1cf98d477462aebcbfdfd714633
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/49202a8256fc50517ef06fd5e2084c4febde6369
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/09a1907433865b7c8ee6777e507f5126bdd38c0f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ea80e3ed09ab2c2b75724faf5484721753e92c31