Subject: CVE-2024-27419: netrom: Fix data-races around sysctl_net_busy_read

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netrom: Fix data-races around sysctl_net_busy_read

We need to protect the reader reading the sysctl value because the
value can be changed concurrently.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27419 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 4.19.310 with commit d623fd5298d9
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.4.272 with commit f9055fa2b293
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.10.213 with commit bbf950a6e96a
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.15.152 with commit 0866afaff19d
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.1.82 with commit 43464808669b
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.6.22 with commit 34cab94f7473
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.7.10 with commit 16d71319e29d
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.8 with commit d380ce70058a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27419
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netrom/af_netrom.c
	net/netrom/nr_in.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d623fd5298d95b65d27ef5a618ebf39541074856
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f9055fa2b2931261d5f89948ee5bc315b6a22d4a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bbf950a6e96a91cf8cf0c71117b94ed3fafc9dd3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0866afaff19d8460308b022345ed116a12b1d0e1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/43464808669ba9d23996f0b6d875450191687caf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/34cab94f7473e7b09f5205d4583fb5096cb63b5b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/16d71319e29d5825ab53f263b59fdd8dc2d60ad4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d380ce70058a4ccddc3e5f5c2063165dc07672c6