Subject: CVE-2024-27416: Bluetooth: hci_event: Fix handling of HCI_EV_IO_CAPA_REQUEST

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: hci_event: Fix handling of HCI_EV_IO_CAPA_REQUEST

If we received HCI_EV_IO_CAPA_REQUEST while
HCI_OP_READ_REMOTE_EXT_FEATURES is yet to be responded assume the remote
does support SSP since otherwise this event shouldn't be generated.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27416 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.19.297 with commit ccb8618c972f and fixed in 4.19.309 with commit afec8f772296
	Issue introduced in 5.4.259 with commit 1769ac55dbf3 and fixed in 5.4.271 with commit 79820a7e1e05
	Issue introduced in 5.10.199 with commit 40a33a129d99 and fixed in 5.10.212 with commit df193568d612
	Issue introduced in 5.15.137 with commit 1ef071526848 and fixed in 5.15.151 with commit c3df637266df
	Issue introduced in 6.1.60 with commit 25e5d2883002 and fixed in 6.1.81 with commit 30a5e812f78e
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit c7f59461f5a7 and fixed in 6.6.21 with commit fba268ac36ab
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit c7f59461f5a7 and fixed in 6.7.9 with commit 8e2758cc2589
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit c7f59461f5a7 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 7e74aa53a68b
	Issue introduced in 4.14.328 with commit 2c7f9fda663a
	Issue introduced in 6.5.9 with commit 746dbb0fc639

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27416
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bluetooth/hci_event.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/afec8f772296dd8e5a2a6f83bbf99db1b9ca877f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/79820a7e1e057120c49be07cbe10643d0706b259
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/df193568d61234c81de7ed4d540c01975de60277
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c3df637266df29edee85e94cab5fd7041e5753ba
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/30a5e812f78e3d1cced90e1ed750bf027599205f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fba268ac36ab19f9763ff90d276cde0ce6cd5f31
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8e2758cc25891d2b76717aaf89b40ed215de188c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7e74aa53a68bf60f6019bd5d9a9a1406ec4d4865