Subject: CVE-2024-27407: fs/ntfs3: Fixed overflow check in mi_enum_attr()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

fs/ntfs3: Fixed overflow check in mi_enum_attr()

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27407 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 8c77398c7261
	Fixed in 6.7.7 with commit 1c0a95d99b1b
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 652cfeb43d6b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27407
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ntfs3/record.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8c77398c72618101d66480b94b34fe9087ee3d08
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1c0a95d99b1b2b5d842e5abc7ef7eed1193b60d7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/652cfeb43d6b9aba5c7c4902bed7a7340df131fb