Subject: CVE-2024-27404: mptcp: fix data races on remote_id

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mptcp: fix data races on remote_id

Similar to the previous patch, address the data race on
remote_id, adding the suitable ONCE annotations.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27404 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit bedee0b56113 and fixed in 6.1.81 with commit e64148635509
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit bedee0b56113 and fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 2dba5774e8ed
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit bedee0b56113 and fixed in 6.7.7 with commit 987c3ed7297e
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit bedee0b56113 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 967d3c27127e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27404
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/mptcp/pm_netlink.c
	net/mptcp/subflow.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e64148635509bf13eea851986f5a0b150e5bd066
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2dba5774e8ed326a78ad4339d921a4291281ea6e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/987c3ed7297e5661bc7f448f06fc366e497ac9b2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/967d3c27127e71a10ff5c083583a038606431b61