Subject: CVE-2024-27402: phonet/pep: fix racy skb_queue_empty() use

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

phonet/pep: fix racy skb_queue_empty() use

The receive queues are protected by their respective spin-lock, not
the socket lock. This could lead to skb_peek() unexpectedly
returning NULL or a pointer to an already dequeued socket buffer.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27402 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.28 with commit 9641458d3ec4 and fixed in 6.1.80 with commit 9d5523e065b5
	Issue introduced in 2.6.28 with commit 9641458d3ec4 and fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 0a9f558c72c4
	Issue introduced in 2.6.28 with commit 9641458d3ec4 and fixed in 6.7.7 with commit 8ef4fcc7014b
	Issue introduced in 2.6.28 with commit 9641458d3ec4 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 7d2a894d7f48

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27402
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/phonet/pep.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d5523e065b568e79dfaa2ea1085a5bcf74baf78
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0a9f558c72c47472c38c05fcb72c70abb9104277
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8ef4fcc7014b9f93619851d6b78d6cc2789a4c88
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7d2a894d7f487dcb894df023e9d3014cf5b93fe5