Subject: CVE-2024-27393: xen-netfront: Add missing skb_mark_for_recycle

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

xen-netfront: Add missing skb_mark_for_recycle

Notice that skb_mark_for_recycle() is introduced later than fixes tag in
commit 6a5bcd84e886 ("page_pool: Allow drivers to hint on SKB recycling").

It is believed that fixes tag were missing a call to page_pool_release_page()
between v5.9 to v5.14, after which is should have used skb_mark_for_recycle().
Since v6.6 the call page_pool_release_page() were removed (in
commit 535b9c61bdef ("net: page_pool: hide page_pool_release_page()")
and remaining callers converted (in commit 6bfef2ec0172 ("Merge branch
'net-page_pool-remove-page_pool_release_page'")).

This leak became visible in v6.8 via commit dba1b8a7ab68 ("mm/page_pool: catch
page_pool memory leaks").

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27393 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 6c5aa6fc4def and fixed in 5.15.154 with commit 4143b9479caa
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 6c5aa6fc4def and fixed in 6.1.85 with commit 7c1250796b6c
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 6c5aa6fc4def and fixed in 6.6.26 with commit 27aa3e4b3088
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 6c5aa6fc4def and fixed in 6.8.5 with commit c8b7b2f158d9
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 6c5aa6fc4def and fixed in 6.9 with commit 037965402a01

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27393
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/xen-netfront.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4143b9479caa29bb2380f3620dcbe16ea84eb3b1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7c1250796b6c262b505a46192f4716b8c6a6a8c6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/27aa3e4b3088426b7e34584274ad45b5afaf7629
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c8b7b2f158d9d4fb89cd2f68244af154f7549bb4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/037965402a010898d34f4e35327d22c0a95cd51f