Subject: CVE-2024-27078: media: v4l2-tpg: fix some memleaks in tpg_alloc

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: v4l2-tpg: fix some memleaks in tpg_alloc

In tpg_alloc, resources should be deallocated in each and every
error-handling paths, since they are allocated in for statements.
Otherwise there would be memleaks because tpg_free is called only when
tpg_alloc return 0.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-27078 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit 63881df94d3e and fixed in 4.19.311 with commit 0de691ff547d
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit 63881df94d3e and fixed in 5.4.273 with commit 8269ab16415f
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit 63881df94d3e and fixed in 5.10.214 with commit 94303a06e185
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit 63881df94d3e and fixed in 5.15.153 with commit 770a57922ce3
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit 63881df94d3e and fixed in 6.1.83 with commit 6bf5c2fade8e
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit 63881df94d3e and fixed in 6.6.23 with commit 4c86c772fef0
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit 63881df94d3e and fixed in 6.7.11 with commit 31096da07933
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit 63881df94d3e and fixed in 6.8.2 with commit 622b1cf38521
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit 63881df94d3e and fixed in 6.9 with commit 8cf9c5051076

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-27078
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/common/v4l2-tpg/v4l2-tpg-core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0de691ff547d86dd54c24b40a81f9c925df8dd77
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8269ab16415f2065cd792c49b0475543936cbd79
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/94303a06e1852a366e9671fff46d19459f88cb28
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/770a57922ce36a8476c43f7400b6501c554ea511
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6bf5c2fade8ed53b2d26fa9875e5b04f36c7145d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4c86c772fef06f5d7a66151bac42366825db0941
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/31096da07933598da8522c54bd007376fb152a09
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/622b1cf38521569869c8f7b9fbe9e4f1a289add7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8cf9c5051076e0eb958f4361d50d8b0c3ee6691c